Saturday, February 5, 2011

Trying to mix things up a little...

Well....this is the longest I have gone without a post, since I have begun.  This past week was pretty long and stressful.  My principal was out of the building most of the week due to meetings and anytime either of us are holding down the fort by ourselves it can get a bit hectic.  On Wednesday we started our after school tutoring program so I was there until 6pm.  We also had Math/Literacy night on Thursday so I was at school until 8 PM.

The leg extension for the Wii finally came in, so that was good.  I plan to get on tomorrow and try to get an up-to-date and accurate reading.  It's been awhile so I'm anxious to see what it says.  It has been hard to get the workout side of things in due to the schedule and the weather, but it's suppose to be nice tomorrow, so hopefully I can get out and walk and/or run. 

I'm really thinking about getting a bike this spring.  I actually talked about it last year, but never did it.  Now that I am on this journey and feel committed to it I think I'm going to do it.

On the food side of things I have been getting bored so I've tried to mix things up a little bit.  I've also been looking for some places to cut more calories.  For breakfast I was putting a small amount of diced ham in my eggs (70 calories).  I've opted to go with the one jalapeno and some sliced mushrooms (under 15 calories). 

Lunch has pretty much stayed the same.  I tried some Lean Cuisine Steamed meals (270 calories) They were very good. 

As far snacks during the day: I've continued with the almonds (170 calories).  I have also brought some of the Fiber One bars(130 calories).  I mentioned last week that I bought some of the Pure Protein shakes (120 calories).  They are great if you put them in the freezer for a little while and get them nice and cold.  I had been having a snack mid-morning and then a snack later in the afternoon.  I've tried to take whatever snack I'm having and only eat half in the morning and save the other half for the afternoon.  If I can do that consistently that's a cut of about 150 calories. 

I continue to eat fish often.  I tried Flounder for lunch today.  It was pretty good.  I still like Salmon the best, but I would get Flounder again.  For dinner tonight I was really interested in cooking so I went to Subway and got us subs.  Their 6 grams of fat subs are pretty good.  In the past I would have eaten all 12 inches, but now I eat the 6 inch and save the other half for another meal the next day.

I continue to have my night time snack of frozen mixed fruit and a little milk. 

Well....I guess that's all for now.  Hopefully I can post a little more next week.

2 comments:

  1. YAY, Mr Sherman! Looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep up the good work!

    What's a leg extension for the Wii?

    ReplyDelete