Monday, January 24, 2011

Dinner Tonight...

So tonight was an interesting night when it came to dinner.  I felt pretty good about my day, up until dinner.  I had my typical breakfast: egg beaters with diced jalapeno, dice ham, and cheese, and 1 piece of wheat bread.  All for a total of 270 calories.

Lunch went well too.  Had a cup of cucumbers with a packet of Italian dressing (58 calories) and a smart ones cheesy enchilada (290 calories) for a total of 348 calories.  I had an afternoon snack; my nature valley bar (170 calories) - gonna try and switch my mid-day snack to either mixed nuts or some type of protein drink/shake.

Then came dinner....Stopped by the store and looked for some Salmon, but they didn't have any.  I picked up a pizza for Jenn and the kids.  Food Lion makes a self-rising pizza that is delicious.  When we want something quick and easy we'll pick one of those up.  Not likely after tonight. 

Here's what happened....it came out of the oven and I looked at it and it looked and smelled AMAZING!  So I got to thinking...what would happen if I had one piece?  I did the math and it came out to 250 calories.  I couldn't believe it and was so disappointed.  Do you realize that in the past I would eat 3-4 pieces of that.  That's 1000 calories (almost half of what I take in now all day)!

I decided that I would have one piece, to satisfy my temptation and felt okay about 250 calories.  Again, learning about moderation.  I did have a little hodge podge of ground chicken, refried beans, and cheese as well, which was about 500 calories.  750 calories for dinner is a little more than I would like (I like to stay around 500-600). 

However, the good news is that for the day I was around 1600 calories, which is well below my goal of 2000.  On top of that I got a good workout in tonight.  Went out in the cold and did a brisk one mile walk followed by form running.

I'm pretty excited about the form running and am going to make it a regular part of my routine.  This is something I have used as a coach with all my teams.  Here's the routine, and you do it up and back at about 60 ft. High knees, power skip, karaoke, 50% jog, 50% to 100% sprint, 100% to 50% jog, 100% all the way.

Alright...I'm off to write yet another observation.  Good night and I'll be back tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment